· 7 medium tomatoes, quartered
· 1 large onion, cut in large pieces
· 4 garlic cloves
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
· 2 (15.5 oz.) cans black beans , drained and rinsed
· 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1/4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
· 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
· 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss tomatoes, onion, and garlic with oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in large bowl, then transfer to baking sheet. Roast until garlic cloves have softened, edges of onions are browned, and tomatoes have collapsed, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once after first 20 minutes.
Transfer roasted vegetable mixture to 4-qt. saucepan. Add broth, beans, cumin, chili powder, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and blend until smooth with blender.
Stir in hot sauce( optional )
Garnish with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro. (optional too)
Serves a lot, I'd say 8 bowls.
I'm serving them with my Clancy's Hint of Lime Tortialla chips
that I paid $1.69 for today and are better
then some other well known brands HA! Love me some Aldis ; )